Elite Preferred Provider of Invisalign in Memphis and Millington
Invisalign is a series of clear aligners that help move your teeth into the most aesthetic and functional positions. Each aligner tray moves the teeth ever so slightly in order to make tooth movement as comfortable as possible during treatment.
Some of the advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Reduced Emergencies: No poking wires, no loose brackets or bands, and no sores from brackets rubbing inside the cheeks and lips.
- No Food Restrictions: You cannot eat sticky or hard foods with traditional braces, but Invisalign aligners are removable!
- Improved Ease of Oral Hygiene: Take out your trays to brush and floss more easily.
- Healthier Outcomes: Because oral hygiene is easier to maintain, there is less of incidence of white spot lesions forming on the teeth.
- Convenience: Unlike braces (where you must be seen every four to six weeks), Invisalign patients can be seen on average every 12 weeks! This allows children to miss less school and adults to miss less work during orthodontic treatment.
The length of your Invisalign treatment is based on many factors. The length of treatment will be determined by amount of tooth movement needed, the alignment of the jaws (skeletal issues), and how well you wear the aligners. The aligners must be worn at a minimum 20 hours/day for the most effective tooth movement. Some patients can be treated in as little as four to six months, while some more complex treatments can go up to two years or longer.
Is Invisalign right for you?
With the advances in technology with Invisalign aligners over the last several years, almost any type of malocclusion can be treated with Invisalign. Invisalign can be used on both non-extraction and extraction treatment plans. Sometimes, auxiliary treatments may need to be used to attain the best possible outcomes. Invisalign comprehensive treatment works best when all adult teeth are erupted into the mouth, and the crown heights are average to longer in length.
To learn whether Invisalign is right for your smile, contact our Memphis or Millington orthodontic office to schedule an appointment!
Weiss & Glassell Orthodontics has treated more aligner cases than anyone else in the Memphis area—more than 1,400 cases! We have the experience to make your Invisalign treatment a comfortable and enjoyable experience!
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.